Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Leaving tomorrow!

Well, it is FINALLY here.  I can't believe we leave tomorrow morning.  The last week actually went very fast, as we have been so busy wrapping everything up.  We are probably bringing lots of stuff we won't need to use, but better to be overprepared.  Wow, did I really say that?   Overprepared, organized, "ready early" are just not in my vocabulary - but I have to say I think we're doing pretty well.

Cora's blinds came in yesterday, so I was happy about that.  Bank stuff all worked out, my wonderful cousin has agreed to come stay at the house on and off while we are gone to take care of Sheeta (thanks Michael!!), bags are pretty much packed.   Sophie is counting down the hours, now.  If you ask her directly, she will say she is not excited, but I know different.  She is totally excited to go!

We've been staying in touch with our friends from Chicago who are there now.  The tips I have been getting from the other families have been so so helpful.  The adoptive family network is incredibly supportive, so I can't say enough about them.  And also thanks to all our family and friends for all the support thus far!  This is a new experience for all of us, and I know it's sometimes hard to even imagine how this is all going to work.  I just have faith that when we meet this beautiful little girl, so many of our questions will be answered, and things will fall into place.  We are so EXCITED to meet our daughter.  The stress and admin are falling away, and now it's just butterflies and happy tears, thinking that we will finally be able to hug her in 6 days!!

Okay, better run - lots to do today of course!    Up at 4:30am tomorrow, and then our next post will be in Beijing!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment