Friday, July 19, 2013

5 days and counting!

Hello!  I've talked to many of you, but I still need to get this all down.  It's been a whirlwind in the last week.   A lot of information coming at us about Cora and the orphanage, as well as the travel plans being finalized.  I personally get more and more emotional every day.  Happy mostly, but nervous, a little scared, and somewhat overwhelmed by all of it.  BUT, I am mostly excited that we will be meeting our daughter in 10 days!!  

My nesting instincts turned on a bit, when I realized that Cora's room wasn't "really" quite ready.  I remember when sophie was born, I got like this too.  For sophie it was obsessing over valences for her windows.  Jenny and I had to go to 10 stores to find the ones i thought were "perfect".  For Cora, it turned into a rug obsession for her room!  I looked at a million online, and in the end found one that is adorable, but really nothing that special.  The crazy things we do, though!   But we pretty much got over the hurdle, and I have moved on!  Perfect is the enemy of good - I think that is they saying that James keeps telling me.  Good reminder.

My co-workers had a shower for me last week, and gave me some awesome gifts for Cora - dolly, activity books, legos, dvd...can't remember what else, but perfect things to bring with on the trip!  A big thanks to my VI crew who have been my ultimate supporters!

We really are packing now - have things actually IN the suitcases, and a whole staging area.  Between the list the agency gave us, and matt and mary's input, and the WEALTH of info I'm getting from my new friends who are currently in china, I feel like we are really going to be prepared!  I know there will still be things that i wish i would have brought, but overall, we are doing great on the packing.

Sophie is in WI for a few days with my mom and dad and her cousins.  Which is allowing us to work long days to wrap up all that stuff, and then put a lot of time into "admin".  So thanks mom and dad and Jenny and Mike for helping us!  I talked to Sophie this morning and it sounds like she is having lots of fun!

I will put out our final itinerary tomorrow.  But we still leave on the 24th, and are back on the Aug 8th. Getting Cora on the 29th.

I have wonderful, wonderful pictures from our friends the Belling's who are in China now.  Their daughter Megan, is with them now, and will be coming home soon.  They are also close, and Meghan will live in Chicago - so that is cool!!   Again, it is so comforting to hear their stories and updates.  They brought a gift for Cora, and I will post pics below of that.

It's getting so close, we just can't believe it.  James and I are really feeling connected lately, and feel strong about getting through this, though we know there will be hurdles.  Sophie is being a 9 yr old.  We've decided just not to stress about her reactions.  We try to let her get her feelings out as much as possible, but are not pushing things with her.  It will be so interesting to see how her attitude changes once we get to china.  I know she is going to love her sister - she just has to realize in her own time, that Cora is not a threat to her.  She'll get there!

Enjoy the pictures!  They are all from the day that Meghan went back to the orphanage, for her last visit and goodbyes.  Oh, and we found out new measurements for Cora - 42 lbs, 43" tall.

Thanks for all the support and prayers.  Can't wait for you all to be able to meet our daughter!

Michelle

Cora and Meghan


Cora getting the recorded book that we did for her!

Kids clearly interested in book





This smile just melts my heart already!

Update picture from Richard -  i think yellow is her color!

No comments:

Post a Comment