Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gotcha Day - getting ready to go!

We leave at 8:30am this morning to go get Cora!  There are 6 families that are having Gotcha Day together, and they are all staying at the Holiday Inn with us.  2 other children are coming from Cora's orphanage in Bengbu, so that will be pretty cool!!  I think we'll all ride in a bus together, and it takes maybe 30 mins to get over there?

I slept until about 5am this morning, and then just tossed and turned, thinking through so many things.  Why didn't we learn any Mandarin? What toys should we bring with us?  What in the world is she going to think?  What should I wear?  Should I wear mascara?  (haha)  Then decided to just get up and go check out the hotel.  The pool and fitness room were closed, otherwise I would have worked out.  But when and investigated it all, then came back to the room.

James and Sophie are up now, and we better start getting organized.  I am so nervous my hands are almost shaking typing.  Not bad nervous, but just butterflies.   Deep breaths, and prayers for calmness. Sophie is super super excited and has completely changed her tune.  Showing me all the crafts out of her highlights magazine that she wants to do with Cora when we get home, so i'm loving that.

We will write more tonight, and hopefully get some pictures going again!  Ben, our helper with the blog, is home now, and should be able to get pics up soon.

Love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment