Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The 5 yr old rules the roost!

Wow, how quickly you forget how your time is no longer yours with a toddler in the house!  Not much time to post, but a quick recap.

I think last time I wrote, Cora had passed out, literally, in the bean bag at about 3pm.  She ended up sleeping that whole night, woke up the next day (monday morn) at 1am.  Stayed in the bean bag, james and i on the couches, and all was pretty hunky dory.  The 1am awakening was not great, but we took turns once she was up, and off we went for the rest of the day.

Last night, we kept her up till 5:30, pm, then she zonked rocking herself to sleep on the porch.  She slept till 4:30 am, in our BED.  YEAY!!   She had a short 10 minute night terror thing before waking up this morning.  But all and all, we were thrilled, and we all got a good night sleep.

She is generally super happy, but VERY busy.  Runs around constantly yelling for Baba and Mama and Sophie to come with her, or do something.  She still likes her morning walks, but has let go of the stroller attachment.   She's completely hooked on James, though, and we now know that will be the next hurdle.  He was going to work this week, but decided he's just going to work from home a few hours a day.  She looks for him constantly, and wants him in her sight, or to at least know where he is.  Me...she can take or leave me!   We'll see how it goes when one of us really has to leave, though.

We played outside a lot today.  James was able to get a solid 4 or so hours of work done.  She kind of forgot about him once we were occupied outside.  He did do a "trial separation", and ran to McDonalds and back.  She was not happy to see him leave, but I was able to distract her with the trampoline, and then she was okay.  I think if we do a few more of the leave and come back quickly trials with him, she'll be okay.

I am exhausted.  It's 7:40pm, and Cora fell asleep in the living room chair.  I'll move her to bed in a bit, then I'm sure will pass out myself.   We are not as on edge anymore, worrying that she will cry, or melt down (though she still has a few moments here and there).  But she just doesn't want to be alone, and really wants one of us doing something with her at all times.  I know that will change with time, but it's tiring.  We all have so much fun with her, though, so it's not like it's torture, I just can't get anything done!   She is such a character, really a funny kid.  Though she can't talk, her expressions are worth a thousand words.  I know that is cliche, but it is so true.

We have someone coming to clean the house tomorrow morning - hallelujah!!   That will be a big relief.  Now if I can' just get caught up on some of my admin, I will feel more in control.  I guess control is something we all want, right?  Makes sense why these little kids are so out of whack when they feel like they have none at all over what is happening to them.

She is so sweet - more playful than affectionate, I would say.   She'll let us hug her, though, and sometimes will run up to me and give some snuggles.  But she also is stubborn as all get out, and her anger come out now and then, too.

That's all for Tuesday night.  I really can't believe it's only been 5 days since we have been home.  Thank you to you all for the emails, calls, texts, notes!  I promise they mean the world to us, and I will get back in touch with you all soon!!  

Hugs,

Michelle, James, Sophie and Cora
Hanging outside today with the Gracie "big girl"
Honeynut cheerios all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment