Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Last Day in China!

Well, not really last day, but last full day before we fly out tomorrow at noon.

It really does feel like so much has happened in these 2 weeks.  And while yes, we had one of the biggest events of our life, we also had a lot of down time, and sometimes feel like we didn't "do" much at all. 

Our bags are packed, and I should be sleeping, but feel like I need to write one more time.  I know once we get home, people say it's really hard to keep up with the blogging.  And we'll be so jet lagged that I won't want to for a few days, I'm sure.

Today was an awesome day with Cora.  Almost too good to be true.  Now my stress is - What is going to happen when we get home?  She can't REALLY be this easy of a kid??  I talked to a family at the pool today who assured me she won't be.   Thank you lady, for bursting my bubble!  No really, I do know that we will be in a whole new phase when we get home.  I know she will be grieving for some time, and will go through more confusion about "home", and what that all means.  But I was just enjoying every minute with her today.  She let me snuggle her down by the pool when we were done.  She fell asleep on my lap on the drive home from the Circus.  We are all constantly hugging and kissing all over her, but today was the first time day she seemed to really relax into it, and enjoy all the attention!  She was laying all over James too, and playing with Sophie's hair.  Oh, it is just so great!! 

I am less sad about taking her away from China tomorrow, because she is seeming to be really getting used to us, and I know she will be happy.  But I still get teary thinking about taking her from everything, and everyone she knows. 

She went on an excursion with her big sis today.  They headed down to the lobby to buy some lunch from the bakery together, and then mail a letter to grandma and grandpa davis.  Yep, I sent them by themselves, and they both were thrilled!  Cora said and waved bye bye, and took sophie's hand, and off they went.   That was a cool moment, and Sophie was all all proud that she figured it all out successfully.  Lunch was these delish pastries wrapped around a hotdog.   We have been eating OH so healthy here :)

Sophie had some more sad moments down by the pool.  "you don't love me as much", "you are always so mean to me, and so nice to Cora".  I hope that once she is back on home turf that will get easier...but we have been expecting that reaction all along.  She gets over it pretty quickly, but today she was extra sad.  Poor thing - it's been a LONG trip for her, too.

I need to speed this up, so this is what we did on our last day, and some pictures to go along with it.

  • Breakfast again outside
  • Toured with Richard to this crazy wholesale food market.  You'll see pics of us walking up and down the streets, and then some dried lizards, a bunch of bags of who know what kind of chinese medicine "stuff".  And many many many deer parts. Along with fish parts, scorpions,   dried sea horses, and the list goes on and on.  Quite interesting!  Next time you see sophie, as her about the "3 squeak" story!
  • Toured a Buddhist Temple.   We thought it was cool, sophie did not
  • Back to the hotel to swim, and wait for Richard to deliver Cora's passport and Visa.  It came, and we are SET to leave!
  • Pizza in the room, and then off to an AWESOME circus!  If anyone come to Guangzhou in future, you should totally make the trip.  We went with Laura and Shawn and crew, and it was the best show we'd all seen in a long time.  Amazing acrobatics and animal performances.  Great light show, music, costumes.  I'm not a circus fan, usually, but I was very pleasantly surprised.    We had good seats, and the kids all really loved it. 
  • Got home late, kids passed out, and we packed.

And now I must do the same!  Thanks to everyone for all the support and prayers along the way.  See you back in the States very soon!

Love Michelle, James, Sophie and Cora











1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the pic of sophie and cora eating their suckers! too cute!

    ReplyDelete